2020 was an unprecedented year as the world grappled with the effects of the COVID 19 pandemic. However, despite these headwinds, the Software sector demonstrated its phenomenal resilience and intrinsic value, as we saw “two years’ worth of digital transformation in two months”. The sector saw a significant rebound in H2, with equity prices, valuations and deal levels hitting new highs beyond 2019’s numerous records.
This year’s sector insights include: How did 2020 stack up against 2019? What is driving the market? Who is buying and why? Where is pricing? What’s next in 2021?
Acuity Advisors’ 2020 Software Review focuses on key themes and drivers across M&A and fundraising, summarised in the following sections:
- Key Takeaways – key M&A and fundraising market trends
- Strategic insights and sector themes – market commentary from industry leaders
- Acquiror & Investor trends – buyer and investor statistics including areas of activity and focus
- Market map – leading listed industry participants in each subsector
- Valuation analysis – share price and multiple evolution, regression analysis
- Deal trends by subsector – key M&A and funding transactions and insights