Background and experience
Matt joined Acuity in 2013 with 15 years of experience in financial services, banking and industry working for Deloitte, Dun & Bradstreet, Commerzbank and PwC. Matt’s focus throughout his career has been in M&A, having held several leadership roles building highly successful corporate finance teams.
Matt has worked across the technology, media, telecoms and financial services sectors throughout his career and is a passionate advocate for the wider sector and its disruptive influence and impact across business models. Matt has deep experience across the following sectors: IoT (IIoT and Consumer), Software, Data, E-Commerce, Cloud and Fintech.
An ACA-qualified accountant, Matt’s rigorously detailed analysis and direct, focused approach is greatly valued by our clients. He uses his own significant cross-sector experience and current market knowledge to deliver exemplary service and generate exceptional results.
Matt has experienced a number of different cultures during his personal and professional life, across Europe and the United States, including spending time at business school at University of Richmond (Virginia, USA).
Matt has led recent transactions across the technology sector with a focus on IoT and Software:
- Vehco / AddSecure Group – acquisition of frameLOGIC
- JHC / FNZ – divestiture of JHC Systems Ltd
- Vehco / AddSecure Group – acquisition of Groeneveld ICT Solutions
- Lanner – strategic review ahead of Lanner’s sale to Royal HaskoningDHV
- Vehco – sale to the AddSecure Group (backed by Abry Partners)
- Sparkol – advising founder on sale of the business to MBO team
- VeriLocation – sale of VeriLocation Inc to Horizon Capital-backed Isotrak Ltd
- Fältcom – sale of Fält Communications to Telia Company
- Hitec – sale to TA Associates investee company Mitratech Holdings Inc
- ETSOS (Estate Technical Solutions Limited) – sale to dmg information, a division of DMGT plc
- SIPCOM – advised founder on the minority investment by Rigby Group plc and SCC
- Concirrus – Series A fundraise
- Pro Centre – sale to a private investment group and the incumbent team, advising Hasselblad AG
- Digital TV Labs – sale to Eurofins
- Zinwave – sale to McWane Technology
- DCS – acquisition by Neopost
What clients say
“It has been great to continue the relationship built with Matt, David and Acuity on our first acquisition as part of AddSecure Group. We continue to benefit from the team’s hands-on support, their strategic and tactical input and their detailed knowledge of and network within the European telematics and FMS market. Having worked with us on the original acquisition plan, we look forward to their support on further acquisitions as we continue to build Europe’s market leading FMS business.”
Magnus Orrebrant, Vehco CEO
“Matt has proven to be a respected and knowledgeable partner in this detailed process and provided experience and support in all parts of the sale journey.”
Andrew Overton, VeriLocation CEO
“We chose Acuity and Matt based on their track record across the IoT sector coupled with their global market access and network.”
Per Anell, Industrifonden, Fältcom investor
“Matt’s understanding of the sector, buyer access and support throughout the process drove the optimal outcome whilst enabling the team to focus on delivering our growth plan.”
Sean Ward-Clayton, ETSOS
“Matt lived and breathed the transaction and his knowledge and experience was invaluable.”
Jeremy Crame, Founder and CEO, Hitec
“Matt managed this transaction with a high level of professionalism: your diligence, approach, market knowledge and the firm’s global reach enabled a global view when finding the right partner for Pro Centre.”
Michele Channer, Hasselblad AB
“Can I thank you again for all your help on this project – we have been extremely impressed by your assistance and pro-activity at all stages of the deal, right from the point of drawing up the list of interested parties through to the handling of the bid process. We are very pleased with the price we achieved and I think this represented an excellent result.”
Duncan Grant, Vendor Lead, Gadgetshop
“Matt’s leadership, support and guidance during the process were crucial to its success.”
John Munro, Charterhouse Print Management
Matt’s life outside of work is predominately taken up chasing after his three children (the three strongest negotiators that he knows). Matt is an avid sports fan – with a focus on more of the watching and less of the doing these days.
A conversation is never wasted. We’re confident that we can give you all the help you need, but we’ll tell you if we think there’s a better option for you.Get in Touch