Background and expertise
Oscar has extensive deal experience gained from investment banking, corporate development and private equity roles. Most recently he was Head of Corporate Development and Finance for an E-commerce software company and prior to that was a Director within the Technology Investment Banking team at Barclays. Oscar’s earlier professional experiences include running the integration of ntl & Telewest (now known as Virgin Media) as well as investing in early stage & growth technology companies during his time with the Rothschild Investment Trust.
Oscar has Economics degrees from Cambridge University and the London School of Economics and an MBA from INSEAD.
Oscar has advised clients across the telecoms, media and technology industries and has more recently focused on the digital media, internet and software space sectors. Notable successes include:
- Acquisitions of Optomaton (video advertising) & Crave & Lamb (digital agency) by VeInteractive
- Joint Bookrunner for the IPO of Worldpay on the London Stock Exchange
- Acquisition of IGATE by Capgemini
- Acquisition of Sky Italia and Sky Deutschland by BskyB
- Acquisition of MGM Channels International by Liberty Global
- Acquisition of Virgin Media by Liberty Global
- Advisor to OFCOM on marketing the UK’s Digital Dividend
- Sale of Multimap to Microsoft
- Acquisition of Telewest Cable by ntl
- Acquisition of sit-up Channels by Flextech TV
Oscar is known to be a fair-weather golfer and part-time football fan. He also enjoys travelling and hanging out on beaches whenever he can.
A conversation is never wasted. We’re confident that we can give you all the help you need, but we’ll tell you if we think there’s a better option for you.Get in Touch