Background and expertise
Matteo joined Acuity in 2020 with almost two decades of experience in corporate finance, Private Equity and technology investment banking. Matteo started his career at Goldman Sachs on the fixed-income trading floor, cutting his teeth in Structured Finance before becoming a founding member of Goldman Sachs Infrastructure Partners. He continued his career as a private investor at STAR Capital, focusing on sourcing, investing and growing strategic asset-backed businesses in Western Europe until he moved to the technology sector with Silverpeak investment banking.
Matteo has deep insight into both the world of large corporations and pure financial investors, enabling him to bridge founders’ and CEOs’ objectives to those of investors and acquirors. His experience across M&A and capital raising cross-border transactions ranging from the mid-market to multi-billion deals provides him with a valuable understanding of deal dynamics, both from a technical as well as an emotional standpoint. This is key in his ability to provide support and assistance to his clients at each step of the process and ensure a successful outcome. Matteo also brings substantial expertise in structuring and negotiating debt financing, having previously acted both as a lender and a borrower. With an engineering background from the Polytechnic in Turin, Matteo is a very analytical problem solver and a candid communicator, whether the topic is deep technology or an intricate negotiating situation.
Matteo’s track record covers a wide array of technology sectors, including Deep Tech, SaaS, FinTech and Mobility; furthermore, he understands well the key role technology plays in more traditional industries such as Utilities, Energy & Power, Infrastructure and Fibre Optics, Industrials and Business Services.
Matteo is married with two children and enjoys spending his free time in the outdoors cycling, running, swimming, skiing, sailing and scuba diving. Whilst kitesurfing is still work in progress, Matteo hopes to sign up for his first Ironman in the not too distant future.
Recent Acuity Deep Tech Client Successes:
- the sale of Moortec to Synopsys
- AccelerComm (Bloc Ventures and IP Group portfolio company) on its investment from IQ Capital
- the sale of ZEISS iTrap to Atlas Copco Group
- the sale of Titan IC to Mellanox Technologies
- the sale of MEI Wet Processing Systems and Services LLC to Rena Technologies GmbH
- the sale of Creative Chips GmbH to Dialog Semiconductor plc
- the sale of Capres A/S to KLA Corporation
- the majority investment into MEI Rigging and Crating by Dorilton Capital Advisors
- the sale of Allinea Software to ARM
- the sale of Akrion Systems to Naura Microelectronics
A conversation is never wasted. We’re confident that we can give you all the help you need, but we’ll tell you if we think there’s a better option for you.Get in Touch