Background and expertise
With a background as M&A banker at J.P. Morgan and a senior private equity professional at mid-market firm Monitor Clipper Partners, Oliver has been exposed for over 20 years to a wide variety of transaction situations with European mid-cap and large cap companies, with a particular focus on software and financial services.
Oliver´s experience is very broad-based: he advised on M&A transactions and equity & debt raises, served on the board of portfolio companies, took operational CFO roles and restructured balance sheets. He also founded and ran his own software company, for which he raised close to EUR 10m. This 360° view allows him to understand everybody´s point of view and priorities when talking to shareholders, management teams and investors, and facilitates finding creative solutions and optimal transaction structures.
Oliver has a Diplôme d´Ingènieur from the Ecole Polytechnique in Paris and a diploma in international relations from Johns Hopkins SAIS in Bologna. He has lived in France, Germany, Austria, the UK and the US, and speaks mother tongue level German and French, as well as decent Italian and Spanish. He currently serves on the board of Reverse Logistics Group in Munich.
Oliver has led transactions in a broad range of sectors, including software, business services and consumer product companies. Recent successes include:
- the sale of Instrumentation Technologies to ARX Equity Partners
- the sale of ZEISS iTrap to Atlas Copco Group
- the sale of Creative Chips GmbH to Dialog Semiconductor plc
- the acquisition of Spamina by Hornetsecurity GmbH
- the sale of trecker.com to Yara GmbH
- the acquisition of MagicLine GmbH, the German market leader for fitness club membership management, from its founders
- the sale of VfW GmbH to Reclay GmbH to create the second largest dual system in Germany
- the acquisition of Cycleon NV by Reverse Logstics GmbH
Oliver is married with three boys who keep him fairly busy, he also runs marathons and loves skitouring and powder snow.
A conversation is never wasted. We’re confident that we can give you all the help you need, but we’ll tell you if we think there’s a better option for you.Get in Touch