Background and expertise
David joined Acuity as Vice President in 2017, bringing over 8 years of experience across both M&A advisory and corporate development roles. The focus in his career to date has been advising on the sale of and acquiring entrepreneurial businesses.
David moved into corporate finance after studying Economics at the University of East Anglia. David’s experience of advising entrepreneurs on the sell-side and as a corporate acquirer on the buy-side gives him a strong understanding of the M&A process from both perspectives, which is invaluable in navigating the challenges and complexities typically found during many M&A transactions.
David has significant experience in enterprise software, vehicle telematics, digital media and related technologies with transaction experience including:
- the investment by LDC in Phoenix Datacom
- the sale of Envitia to Maven Capital Partners
- the sale of Hyperstone to Swissbit
- the debt raised by Windsor Telecom from ThinCats
- Growth Capital Partners / CubeLogic – advised GCP and Bidco on investment in CubeLogic
- Drum Cussac / GardaWorld – divestiture of Drum Cussac
- Vehco / AddSecure Group – acquisition of frameLOGIC
- JHC / FNZ – divestiture of JHC Systems Ltd
- Vehco / AddSecure Group – acquisition of Groenveld ICT Solutions
- Vehco AB acquired by The AddSecure Group
- We Are Social acquired by BlueFocus
- Amaze acquired by St Ives plc
- Lakestar Media acquired by McCann Worldgroup.
- JSC International acquired by ERM
David’s passion is for the hills and mountains where he can usually be found trail running, mountain biking, climbing or skiing.
A conversation is never wasted. We’re confident that we can give you all the help you need, but we’ll tell you if we think there’s a better option for you.Get in Touch