Background and expertise
Throughout his career Brian has gathered a wide range of advisory experience, covering business disposals, MBOs, MBIs, raising debt and equity finance, and providing wider strategic advice.
Brian qualified as a chartered accountant after graduating in Engineering Science at Oxford University. Brian’s engineering background enables him to quickly grasp complex technology and its potential value, and then persuasively articulate this to potential buyers and investors.
Brian has significant experience in vertical market software, IT services, unified communications and telematics, with recent transaction experience including:
- The buyout of Kallik by FPE Capital
- The investment into Call Flow of €30m
- The acquisition of CommuniGator by Spotler
- The investment by YFM Equity Partners into Ncam Technologies
- Advising RJD Partners in the sale of ISG, a leading independent provider of wired and wireless networking infrastructure solutions, to WestBridge Capital
- Advising Peppermint Technology (a developer of software for the legal services vertical) in obtaining growth capital investment from SEP
- The sale of Gage Networks to Intercity Technology
- The MBO of a telecoms technology business
- The acquisition of 8el by Selection Services
- Brian was also seconded to Masternaut, a leading European fleet telematics business, during the sales process
Brian is married with a young son and is also a keen climber, ski-tourer and runner.
A conversation is never wasted. We’re confident that we can give you all the help you need, but we’ll tell you if we think there’s a better option for you.Get in Touch