Background and expertise
Throughout his career Brian has gathered a wide range of advisory experience, covering business disposals, MBOs, MBIs, raising debt and equity finance, and providing wider strategic advice.
Brian qualified as a chartered accountant after graduating in Engineering Science at Oxford University. Brian’s engineering background enables him to quickly grasp complex technology and its potential value, and then persuasively articulate this to potential buyers and investors.
Brian has significant experience in Deep Tech, Software, IT Services, Unified Communications and Telematics.
Recent Acuity Deep Tech Client Successes:
- the sale of Moortec to Synopsys
- AccelerComm (Bloc Ventures and IP Group portfolio company) on its investment from IQ Capital
- the sale of ZEISS iTrap to Atlas Copco Group
- the sale of Titan IC to Mellanox Technologies
- the sale of MEI Wet Processing Systems and Services LLC to Rena Technologies GmbH
- the sale of Creative Chips GmbH to Dialog Semiconductor plc
- the sale of Capres A/S to KLA Corporation
- the majority investment into MEI Rigging and Crating by Dorilton Capital Advisors
- the sale of Allinea Software to ARM
- the sale of Akrion Systems to Naura Microelectronics
Other sector transactions, supported by Brian include:
- The buyout of Kallik by FPE Capital
- The investment into Call Flow of €30m
- The acquisition of CommuniGator by Spotler
- The investment by YFM Equity Partners into Ncam Technologies
Brian is married with a young son and is also a keen climber, ski-tourer and runner.
A conversation is never wasted. We’re confident that we can give you all the help you need, but we’ll tell you if we think there’s a better option for you.Get in Touch