Background and expertise
Having held influential leadership, corporate development and consulting roles at JP Morgan, Monitor and Diageo plc, Richard has had great insight into the world’s most successful businesses and a number of the UK’s most outstanding start-ups. He has extensive experience working alongside investment banks on M&A transactions across technology and telecoms.
Insight is one of Richard’s notable strengths. He very quickly grasps what drives a company’s bottom line and growth, an understanding that’s bolstered by his personal experience of running and then exiting his own business. Richard easily builds strong working relationships with potential buyers and has a keen and intuitive sense for what motivates them.
Since securing a first class degree in Economics with Statistics, Richard has worked extensively in Europe, US and Australia as well as in the UK, providing him with an enviable and comprehensive international network.
Richard is a co-founder and Managing Partner at Acuity with 25 years’ experience in all aspects of corporate finance. Richard focuses on the Enterprise Software including transactions in FinTech, InsureTech, MarTech and RegTech. Recent successes include:
- the acquisition of Spamina by Hornetsecurity
- the acquisition of Groeneveld ICT Solutions by Vehco
- the sale of CommuniGator to Spotler
- the strategic review of Lanner Group
- the sale of Vehco to Addsecure
- the MBO of Sparkol
- the investment into Ncam Technologies by YFM Equity Partners
- the investment into TrueSpeed by Aviva plc
- the sale of Verilocation to Isotrak
- the sale of Fält Communications AB to Telia Company AB
- the sale of Hitec Limited to TA Associates
- the investment into SIPCOM from SCC, the technology brand of Rigby Group
- the merger of Sub10 Systems with Silicon Valley based Fastback Networks
- the sale of yourwealth.co.uk and its Money Hub technology to South African based Momentum
- the acquisition of DCS by Neopost
- the acquisition of KnowledgeCenter by Charles Taylor plc
What clients say
“Richard played an instrumental role in helping us secure this acquisition. The pragmatism and focus of his team was pivotal to us achieving a fantastic outcome.”
Toby Hughes, founder and CEO, YourWealth.co.uk
“Richard and his team supported us throughout the entire acquisition process; from scanning the market sector for candidate companies through to day to day support and advice in the days before completion. Acuity were pragmatic and very supportive throughout the process and they clearly understood not only the sector dynamics but also the strategic rationale underpinning the deal.”
Mike Stone, Managing Director of Neopost UK
“Acuity’s approach was both pragmatic and systematic and we were very impressed with the interest they generated for the company. The sale to Charles Taylor is a fantastic opportunity for KnowledgeCenter and we could not have achieved this fantastic result without Richard and Acuity at the helm.”
Kevin Osborn, Managing Director of KnowledgeCenter
Richard enjoys skiing, spending time with family and flying.
A conversation is never wasted. We’re confident that we can give you all the help you need, but we’ll tell you if we think there’s a better option for you.Get in Touch