Background and expertise
Marcus joined Acuity as a partner in 2014, before which he held senior leadership and corporate finance positions with some of the UK’s most successful advisory and telecoms businesses. Roles with EE, KPMG Corporate Finance and BDO Corporate Finance have seen Marcus work both in the UK and across the globe with successful entrepreneurs seeking exit, and at board level with multi-national corporates looking for growth through organic and inorganic investment.
Marcus qualified as a chartered accountant with KPMG, and has amassed considerable experience working across the technology, media and telecoms sector. Whilst he has a keen eye for the financial details, Marcus has always been drawn to the business models and personalities of cutting edge, entrepreneurial businesses. Equally at home discussing the merits of different network technologies, alternative payments, and the future of digital marketing, Marcus has a proven track record of quickly identifying and articulating the value in a business or proposition.
With years of experience and successful transactions to his name, Marcus is well known and respected by entrepreneurs, corporates and private equity houses both in the UK and overseas, and he has cultivated a reputation as being interested, astute, engaged and pragmatic.
Marcus has successfully worked with clients across a broad range of sectors from Telecoms and IT Services to Broadcast and Manufacturing businesses. His transaction experience includes:
- the sale of Mission Labs to Gamma Communications
- the investment by LDC in Phoenix Datacom
- the investment by Foresight into Lightning Fibre
- the debt raised by Windsor Telecom from ThinCats
- the sale of MEI Wet Processing Systems and Services LLC to Rena Technologies GmbH
- the buyout of Kallik by FPE Capital
- the investment into Community Fibre of £50m
- the investment into Call Flow of €30m
- the acquisition of CommuniGator by Spotler
- the investment by YFM Equity Partners into Ncam Technologies
- the investment by Aviva of £75million to TrueSpeed Communications
- the merger of Sub10 Systems Limited with Fastback Networks
- the sale of 3V Transaction Services Limited to SafeCharge
- the sale of Traka plc to Assa Abloy
- the sale of Datahop Ltd to Six Degrees Group Ltd
- the acquisition of Be* Un Limited by O2
What clients say
“Marcus’s deep knowledge of the telecoms sector was immediately of value… [he] helped us to build a robust business plan which they articulated in a way that made sense to the investment community. I would have no hesitation in recommending Marcus and the Acuity team to anyone looking to deliver an ambitious transaction in the technology sector”
Evan Wienburg, CEO, TrueSpeed
“Marcus was brilliant for us, leading a well-informed team who had researched the market even before we appointed them. Obviously highly experienced, we found Marcus well versed in accountancy practices and with just the right degree of push to the potential acquirers. The IM was highly praised by all who read it with one comment that it was the best they had ever seen. Above all, I am very keen to praise Marcus who we considered reflected the passion and success of our company and whom we trusted implicitly to give us the right advice .”
John Kent, Chairman, Traka plc
Marcus is married with three children but still finds time to run, hike and give something back to society as an officer in the London Regiment (Army Reserve).
A conversation is never wasted. We’re confident that we can give you all the help you need, but we’ll tell you if we think there’s a better option for you.Get in Touch