Acuity to offer Art of the Business Exit workshop in Bristol

The Bristol SETsquared Centre will play host to a workshop on the Art of the Business Exit on June 3rd, which provides a dynamic look into potential exit strategies and models that can aid budding entrepreneurs and start-ups in achieving their goals. Focusing on best practices and various financial methodologies, Acuity’s own Richard Baker and Matt Stamp will lead the discussion, using their accumulated expertise of advising numerous exits in the technology space. As core pillars of the Bristol corporate finance community, both Richard and Matt hope to inspire and assist the region’s next generation of innovators.

The Art of Business Exit seminar will equip attendees with essential information on preparing a business for exit and how to engineer maximum shareholder value.

It will cover: 

•         an overview of exit strategies and valuation methodologies

•         a clear understanding of the divestiture process

•         an insight into when to sell and how to achieve the best price

The SETsquared Partnership is the enterprise collaboration between five leading research-intensive universities: Bath, Bristol, Exeter, Southampton and Surrey. Established in 2003 and funded by the Higher Education Innovation Fund (HEIF), the Partnership is a focus for enterprise activity and new business creation for the five university partners.

With a business incubation centre attached to each of our partner universities, SETsquared has helped nurture the very best technology companies in the South of England from initial idea through to commercialisation to global organisation in some cases. 80% of the businesses supported at its centres are from the wider business community, with the remaining 20% originating from the University base.

Over the last 10 years, SETsquared has supported over 1,000 companies, helping them raise over £1 billion investment and finance. Many of these companies have gone on to create a significant number of high-tech jobs and are exporting across the globe. Companies supported by SETsquared have 90% survival rate, which is way above the national average.

Acuity Advisors has become a major part of the SETsquared environment and continues to lead the way for nurturing start-ups and businesses that grow from the organisation and the region as a whole.

 

A conversation is never wasted. We’re confident that we can give you all the help you need, but we’ll tell you if we think there’s a better option for you.

Get in Touch Get in touch now